Have a #HiNeighbour Project Idea? Tell Us About it!
Please submit your project idea by filling the form below.
Our Avenues of Change team will get back to you as soon as possible.
We are happy to support and provide you with resources to get your project going. Neighbourhood grants* are also available please see below for eligibility criteria.
*Coquitlam River/Burke Mountain Neighbourhood Grant Application
#HiNeighbour has been launched in the neighbourhoods of Coquitlam River (CR) and Burke Mountain (Burke). Neighbourhood grants are available to help grow community and strengthen connections. Please read below to find out more about the grants, when applications open, if you are eligible, and how to apply.
$50 Neighbourhood Grant
Neighbourhood grants of up to $50 are available for residents to develop projects that meet the needs of the community.
CR/Burke Neighbourhood Grants are given to projects that meet the following goals:
1. Connect and engage neighbourhood residents
Examples: A multicultural potluck dinner; family story time; book exchange
2. Share residents' skills and knowledge within the community
Examples: a free yoga class; a birdhouse-making workshop
3. Build sense of ownership and pride
Examples: A historical tour of the neighbourhood; a neighbourhood clean up
4. Encourage outdoor play and use of natural spaces as a gathering
Examples: Organize a hike or bike ride along a local trail; a scavenger hunt at the park
Am I Eligible?
Our eligibility criteria is designed to ensure that Coquitlam River/Burke Mountain neighbourhood grants support a diverse range of community led projects:
- Applicants must be from neighbourhoods in Coquitlam River and/or Burke Mountain
- Applicants are responsible for submission of receipts/invoices for reimbursements of funds.
- Applicants must submit grant proposal and proposal which must be approved by Avenues of Change prior to submitting reimbursement of funds. Not all submissions will be approved.
- Your project must be free, accessible and welcoming to all. You may not charge entrance fees, request donations, or fundraise for other projects and/or organizations
- Community gardens, projects involving infrastructure building or upgrading or purchasing of large equipment such as computers are NOT eligible.
- These grants are specifically for individuals and small volunteer-based neighbourhood /community groups within Coquitlam River
- The grant funds may be used for food, activities, entertainment, equipment and venue rentals; however, it cannot be used towards the purchase of alcohol.
Commitment from Applicant(s)
We want to capture the voices of your neighbours as part of our engagement process, and require a report back about your #HiNeighbour mini project and it’s impact within your neighbourhoods. This may be done in the form of a written story, or captured through pictures that can be shared with us via email or social media, be sure to use the hashtag: #HiNeighbour. Successful applicants will join our social media campaign to inspire others with your #HiNeighbour event.
Your project must be free, accessible and welcoming to all. You may not charge entrance fees, request donations, or fundraise for other projects and/or organizations.