Have a #HiNeighbour Project Idea? Tell Us About it!
Please submit your project idea by filling the form below.
Our Avenues of Change team will get back to you as soon as possible.
We are happy to support and provide you with resources to get your project going. Grants* are also available please see below for eligibility criteria.
*Coquitlam River Grant Application
#HiNeighbour has been launched in the neighbourhood of Coquitlam River (CR). Small grants are available to residents of CR to help grow community and strengthen connections within their neighbourhood. Please read below to find out more about the grants, when applications open, if you are eligible, and how to apply.
Coquitlam River Neighbourhood Grant (Small Grant)
Small grants of up to $50 are available for residents to develop projects that meet the needs of the community. (20 of these at $50.00)
CR Neighbourhood Grants are given to projects that meet the following goals:
1. Connect and engage neighbourhood residents
Examples: A multicultural food festival, an inter-generational story telling project
2. Share residents' skills and knowledge within the community
Examples: a free yoga lesson for the community or a community kitchen where participants swap recipes and share a meal together.
3. Build sense of ownership and pride
Examples: A historical tour of the neighbourhood, a community clean-up or art in the park, bird watching on the trails.
4. Encourage outdoor play and use of natural spaces as a gathering
Examples: Organize a hike or bike ride along Coquitlam River park, or nature scavenger hunt at the park
Coquitlam River Block Party Grant
Small block party grants of up to $150.00 (10 grants available) are available for residents of Coquitlam River (See Map) to host a block party. Block parties are a great way to get to know your neighbours, connect or reconnect. In a community where neighbours are connected to each other, we are building neighbourhoods in which children will thrive.
Eligibility criteria is designed to ensure that Coquitlam River small grants support a diverse range of community led projects:
- Applicants must be from the neighbourhood of Coquitlam River (see map)
- Applicants are responsible for submission of receipts/invoices for reimbursements of funds.
- Applicants must submit grant proposal and proposal which must be approved by Avenues of Change prior to submitting reimbursement of funds. Not all submissions will be approved. There are limited funds for both Block and Neighbourhood Grants.
- Your project must be free, accessible and welcoming to all. You may not charge entrance fees, request donations, or fundraise for other projects and/or organizations.
- Community gardens, projects involving infrastructure building or upgrading or purchasing of large equipment such as computers are NOT eligible.
- Grants must be used between August 1 - October 1, 2018
- These grants are specifically for individuals and small volunteer-based neighbourhood /community groups within Coquitlam River
- The grant funds may be used for food, activities, entertainment, equipment and venue rentals; however, it cannot be used towards the purchase of alcohol.
Commitment from Applicant
We want to capture the voices of your neighbours as part of our engagement process, and require a report back about your #HiNeighbour mini project and it’s impact within your neighbourhood. This may be done in the form of a written story, or captured through pictures.
Successful applicants will join our social media campaign to inspire others with your #HiNeighbour. Each mini project will be showcased on our social media (Facebook/website/twitter) and we encourage you to showcase on your social media.
Your project must be free, accessible and welcoming to all. You may not charge entrance fees, request donations, or fundraise for other projects and/or organizations.